Candied bacon is a sweet and savory treat that can be enjoyed by itself or used as a topping on other recipes.
Like any good American, Janette and I both LOVE bacon. We hold all parts of the pig dear to our hearts, but bacon is the clear favorite.
Naturally, we end up making a lot of recipes that incorporate it. I made this Candied Bacon to go in another dessert recipe I’ll be posting later this week, but I promise no one will judge if you just eat handfuls of it by itself.
Candied Bacon Recipe
- 5 Strips of bacon
- 3 teaspoons of light brown sugar
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF
- Lay each slice of bacon on a baking sheet that is lined with either a silicone mat or aluminum foil.
- Sprinkles the 3 teaspoons of sugar over the bacon, ensuring that each piece is equally covered.
- After your oven is preheated, back for 12-16 minutes. Half way through baking, flip each strip over while dragging it through the syrupy liquid on the baking sheet.
- Remove the bacon from the oven then place the strips on a wire rack to cool.